What is a Games Hub?
The Games Hub, includes a comprehensive Cultural/Social Program, a Deaf Community Expo, a social/recreation “hangout” and the usual Games Hub administrative facilities and services.
A range of Games Events will be hosted at the Games Hub including:
- Deaf Community Expo – various exhibitors including equipment suppliers, service providers, community organisations, arts & crafts, cultural exhibits etc
- Informal Indoor & Outdoor Socialising areas – opportunities for participants to relax and chat in various indoor and outdoor courtyard settings, including recreational facilities such as table tennis, cards, board games, carpet bowls etc.
Various Games Administration Services will be provided at the Hub such as:
- Games Office
- Registration & Accreditation Desk
- Information Desk
- Sports Results Desk
- Transport Desk
- Media Desk
- Operations & Communications Desk
- First Aid
- Merchandise Sales
- GOC Room
- Media Room
- DSA Board Room
- Interpreters/Volunteers Room
- NDSO/Sports Convenors’ Room
Venue location for the Games Hub
The venue for the 2022 Australian Deaf Games’ Hub is at:
The NEX – Newcastle Exhibition and Convention Centre
309 King St
Fun lakeside setting for dining out
Belmont 16s is a sailing club located at The Parade in Belmont. It has bars, casual dining in a fun lakeside setting, with cocktail areas. There are play areas tucked away for children. The club has a deck on the water, overlooking Lake Macquarie. There are disabled access, including elevator, plus a parents room facility on-site.
Cocktail area at the sailing club
The Boat Shed Bar is located at Belmont 16s, on the ground floor. It has a bar and galley, which caters up to 100 + participants.
Subject to change.